- 4 pita bread
- 400g of fresh chopped beaf meat
- Iceberg lettuce cut into stripes
- Red cabbage cut into thin stripes
- Spring onion cut into thin stripes
- Tomatoe cut into slices
- To marinate the meat
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinneman powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Flakes of Sweet Smoked Paprika “La Chinata”
- Salt and grounded black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
For the yogurt sauce
- 1 natural greek yogurt
- 30ml of olive oil
- Juice of half lemon
- 15g of chopped fresh cilantro
- Black pepper
We place the mince meat in a big bowl and we make a hole in the middle where we add all of the spices. We knead it well to mix it all.
We place the meat into a round and very tall mold, we press it to make the shape and then unmold it. We place it in the baking tray and add some olive oil above it. We bake it at 180° for 30 minutes, turning it over every 10 minutes and adding above its own juice.
In the meantime we elaborate the yogurt sauce by placing all of the ingredients inside the blender until we get the sauce.
When the meat is golden we remove it from the oven and with a sharp knife we cut it into very thin slices.
We put the pita breads inside the skillet for some seconds to warm them and we fill them with the lettuce, the onion, the tomatoe and the red cabbage.
Finally we fry slightly the meat slices in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil and we place it inside the pita bread.
We also put inside the pita bread the yogurt sauce.
We can eat it with some chips.